Friday, July 29, 2016

Casting Calls

“One man in his time plays many parts.” –As You Like It (2.7. 1040)

Casting Call. Part 1                                                  (7-10-16)
I got the email today. I’m playing Friar Francis and Antonio. Can you believe it?

Okay, so I don’t really know who the Friar and Antonio are. This is the first time I’ve ever read the play. Time to read the play again and do some research.

We begin play rehearsal with our next session on Tuesday.

Casting Call. Part 2                                                 (7-11-16)
Umm, all of the interns had dual roles in our show. But the Friar and Antonio are in the same scene on stage at the same time. As a teacher, I’m used to wearing different hats in the classroom – scholar, counselor, male role model – but have never, or rarely, had to exhibit multiple personalities. I texted Tim and he said they had some ideas for this. Well, this could be interesting.


You can see the full blog of my experiences this summer on the Saratoga Shakespeare Company website at www.saratogashakespeare.com and on my own Out of the Centrifuge blog at www.outofthecentrifuge.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment