Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Year of Living Humorously

"I am Serious.”
          "Seriousness is deadly. Seriousness 70 feet tall.”
“Yes, I’ve heard. Kills men (and women) by the millions, spiritually and physically, little by little, day after day. And he is here today, consuming us with a deafening cacophony of social media posts that people pull out of their arse. I am Serious. But I want that no longer. Today, I AM lol. And I see a whole army of my countrymen here in defiance of tyranny, the tyranny of oppression, the tyranny of fear, the tyranny of hate, the tyranny of sadness. You have come to fight as free men (and women), and free men (and women) you are. Free to frown, grumble and hate, yes, but also free to love, sing and smile. What would you do with freedom?”
          “We can’t fight. No, we will run, and hide, and avoid social media; and we will live.”
“Aye, fight and you may cry, brave hearts. Run and you'll ‘live’ -- at least a little. And lying complacent, straight-faced, in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, they may try to poison our spirits, but they'll never take our smiles!!!”

--Declaration of a LightHeart
_________________________________________________________________________________


I am tired of being dragged down by negativity, by soul-sucking voices and actions. No longer am I interested in petty differences, but in being united in common interests. And there is no more commonality than in a smile, and in a laugh. It’s universal, with no political ideology, no gender, no race, no nationality. Regardless of where or when we are born, we can smile. It’s only time and experience that teach us to frown.

Today, I announce my Independence Day. My War on Seriousness. My year of living humorously.

I have restarted my humor website, The lol Lounge, at http://lollounge.tumblr.com. I have restarted and rededicated myself to this blog, Out of the Centrifuge, at http://outofthecentrifuge.blogspot.com. And I have proposed a new English course for my high school that I hope is accepted and begun next year entitled Laughing Matters: Comedy and Satire.

Feel free to join me in my journey. Feel free to start your own journey.

Laugh Out Loud/Lots of Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment